BALHAM JOINERY HISTORY
Balham Joinery Company was founded in 1949 as part of H.C. Smith Builders and was run by Conrad Meyer as the joinery manager.
The joinery went from strength to strength and produced general joinery for the building company it was attached to before opening it's doors to the public for business in the sixties.
The joinery was based in Balham Grove at the back of the builders yard. Michael Honeyball took over running the joinery in 1987 and changed the business name to Balham Joinery Works which has now been shortened to Balham Joinery. The joinery remained in business at the site until 2003 when H.C Smith sold the land forcing a move to Tooting and was taken under the wing of A.E. Williams, another building company. It was sold on in 2008 forcing another move for the joinery to Stockwell in May 2009.
In March 2010, Balham Joinery temporally moved back to its home in Balham and in May 2012 moved to Shrewton Road, Tooting. We were forced into our latest move in March 2016 just 1/2 a mile up the road to Streatham Road. Michael is glad to have secured a 10 year lease so we hope to provide service, support and manufacture to our clients and their projects over the next decade.
It is still run by the same manager (Michael Honeyball) and we welcome any enquires old or new.